Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hedgehoggery





As in 2012/13, Lorcan and I took a juvenile hog each from the West Midlands Rescue Centre http://www.westmidlandshedgehogrescue.org.uk/ and overwintered them in our sheds till they were fat and healthy enough to go. I released mine a few weeks ago, but Lorcan thought it would be nice to bring his round to my garden since I already have a lot of hedgehogs (six individuals identified so far this year) and also mine and his were brothers. I suppose we had this idea it would be nice if they were reunited.

Lorcan's hedgehog, "L", turned out to be almost twice the size of mine, and in fact of any other hogs in the garden. L has settled in very well and is king of the lawn due to his immense girth. He runs at other hogs and barges them out of the way.

No comments: